Friday, January 11, 2008

My favorite new cookbook!

Someone wonderful got me Mollie Katzen's new cookbook, The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without, for my birthday, and I am utterly enamored. Not only is it really cute (hand-drawn illustrations and recipe titles circled by e.g. broccoli-floret motifs), but the recipes are simple, thoughtful, and (literally) mouthwatering.

I haven't had the chance to try anything yet, but tomorrow I am going to pick up some braising greens at the market, for Dry-Sauteed Braising Greens with Layers of Garlic, which includes both roasted and fresh garlic; others I'm looking forward to include Tarragon-Pecan Asparagus (!), Braised Brussels Sprouts in Maple Mustard Sauce, and Green Beans with Crunchy Peanut-Lemon Coating.

Tomorrow is going to be an early Greenmarket morning - I'll have to stock up on veggies for these recipes, and of course to test out my Vita-Mix...I can't wait!

1 comment:

polly conway said...

Holla! I also love how the cookbook is the exact same color as your blog background.